At Spence Valuation Group we have over 50 years combined experience in preparing business valuations across a wide range of industries.
We know there are many factors beyond ratios, multiples, and arithmetic that contribute to the value of a business. For this reason, we dig deep and analyze many facets of your company that may influence business value including the quality of the management team, market share, competition, dependency issues, potential contracts, etc. Our team engages in focused research about your industry to understand the current market and potential future trends. When our investigation is complete, we provide you with an independent, comprehensive business valuation.
Some of the purposes for which we have prepared business valuations include:
- Income tax, such as corporate reorganizations or estate planning
- Shareholder or family ownership disputes
- Marital dissolution
- Going public or going private transactions
- Goodwill impairment
- Allocation of purchase price
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Fairness opinions for related party transactions
- Employee share ownership plans
- Strategic planning
We have extensive experience in preparing business valuations for a variety of companies ranging in size from small family-owned businesses to multinational corporations.
As some of our clients may not require a formal comprehensive business valuation report, we are able to tailor our financial services to meet their needs. We can provide short form reports to assist with:
- Preliminary business value indications
- Clarification of financial issues
- Value provisions of a shareholder agreement
- Critique of a report prepared by another business valuation firm
For more information about our Business Valuation services, please contact us.